Letter to Parents

Dear Parents,

The children of today are much different than many generations before them. The school system is more packed than ever! In a class of 40 kids, how can your student get the one-on-one attention he or she needs? And on top of that how can they make the most out of their learning environment with all these distractions…cell phones, apps, games, texting, ipods, class clowns, needing to fit it, and large classes? The teachers can only do so much, when they have 200 quizzes to grade at the end of the day, not to mention, homework, classwork, tests and prepping for the next day. I have had so many students that were very smart and knew how to do the problems 1-on-1, but in the large class environment became the class clowns, or the little rebels, because they fed off the other kids or did not get the attention to fully understand the concept being presented.

Your student has what it takes to succeed! They just need the support and encouragement that they can do it! The first thing I work on in my tutoring is CONFIDENCE. They may know the material, but it doesn’t help if they do not have the confidence that they can do it…they may not even attempt a problem. So I teach them how to tackle a problem one step at a time, and show them it’s easier than it seems. :) I have been a teacher for 5 years and a tutor for over 10 years, teaching Math, Science, Astronomy, Ballroom Dance and life skills. I graduated from UCLA with a B.S. in Astrophysics (so a lot of math!) and I have an M.A. in Spiritual Psychology. I have access to the Torrance Unified School District math lessons and know most of the math teachers at North High School (so if your student needs specific help, I can work in conjunction with their teacher for optimal success)

We can set up a sample lesson, no commitment necessary. If you or your child do not feel like I am a good fit for him/her, that would be our only lesson. Email me to set up a session:

[email protected]

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://msatutoring.edublogs.org/letter-to-parents/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.